2022 Competition - This year’s Street Fayre competition theme is "Under the Sea".
Competitions are free to enter, you can see your entry displayed on Church Wind or in the church during the fayre, and you could win a prize! (Rosettes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries plus a small prize for 1st place).
Find your age group below and see which competitions you can enter. Remember there is an adult and child team category for some competitions.
Find your age group below and see which competitions you can enter.
Remember there is an adult and child team category for some competitions
- A—Children not yet at school
- B—Reception to Year 2
- C—Year 3 to Year 6
- D—Adult and Child Team (1 adult/1 child up to and including school year 6)
1. Colour the underwater scene. Pictures can be downloaded from the street fayre website or collected from school/outside 5 Gale Road. (Age groups A and B)
2. Mosaic Fish. Use the fish template to create a colourful mosaic. Stick on cut up pieces of paper or other materials to make a fish that really stands out! Templates can be downloaded from the street fayre website or collected from school/outside 5 Gale Road. (Age groups B and C)
3. Junk Model Submarine. Use collected junk materials from around the house to create your very own submarine for exploring the deep ocean. (Age groups B, C and D )
4. Deep Sea Discovery. You go on a scientific expedition to the very bottom of the ocean and make an amazing discovery: a never-before seen sea creature! Draw a picture of your discovery, tell us its name and give a short description. (Age Groups B and C)
5. ‘Fish’ Cakes. Follow the recipe to make your own selection of tasty fish cupcakes. Enter your best 4 on a decorated plate. Cakes will be judged purely on presentation. Adult help may be given with the baking in age group C. Recipe can be found on the street fayre website or a printed copy collected from school/5 Gale Road. (Age groups C and D)
6. Protect our Oceans Poster. Create a poster to encourage people to look after the oceans and conserve it’s precious habitats. (Age group C)
7. Acrostic Poem. Write an ocean/sea related acrostic poem using the word ’Starfish’. (Use each letter of ‘starfish’ in turn to start your lines of poetry). (Age group C)
Visit www.alnestreetfayre.co.uk for more information and find out what else will be going on at the Street Fayre in 2022.
Important bits.......please read!
1. Entries should be brought to St Mary’s Church in Alne by Saturday 18th June,
Alternatively, please take into school by Friday 17th.
2. All entries will be displayed on Church Wind/in the Church for the duration of the Street Fayre.
3. Please make sure your name, school year and competition category number are clearly marked on your entry.
4. The judge’s decision is final. Children’s entries should be all their own creation, except in the adult and child categories.
5. Prizes will be awarded on the day and can be collected from the Church at 4.30pm.
6. All entries should be collected from the Church between 4.30-5pm on the day of the Street Fayre.
If you have any queries about the competitions, please contact - Helen Dawson ([email protected], or call 838582).