2019 COMPETITION TIME
2019 marks 50 years since the Apollo 11 moon landing. To celebrate, this year’s street fayre competitions are space themed!
Competitions are free to enter, you can see your entry displayed in the church during the fayre, and you could win a prize! (Rosettes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries plus a small prize for 1st place).
A—Children not yet at school
B—Reception to Year 2
C—Year 3 to Year 6
D—Adult and Child Team (1 adult/1 child up to and including school year 6)
1. Colour the picture of the astronaut and rocket - download here. (Age groups A and B)
2. How would you like to fly to the moon? Make your own junk model of a rocket or spaceship. (Please use your common sense when it comes to size as there is limited display space!) (Age groups B, C and D)
3. What if you found a planet with alien life? What would the aliens would look like? Draw or paint a picture of your alien and tell us a little about it (Where
does it live? What is it called? What does it like to eat? Or anything else you think we should know......) (Age groups B and C )
4. What can you see out of your rocket window? Maybe you can see the Earth! Make a collage picture of the Earth as seen from space. Use the outline
provided on A3 paper - download here. Copies will be available from Alne School, or please contact Helen Dawson. (If you have access to an A3 printer you can download
the template yourself here) (Age groups B and C)
5. The Apollo 11 spacecraft landed on the moon in 1969, 50 years ago this year. How many words can you make from the words Apollo Spacecraft?
Proper nouns (names of people and places) will not be counted but plurals are allowed. The prize will be awarded to the person with the most words . In the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen at random.
(Age group C and D)
6. Imagine you are sending a letter into outer space. What would you want to ask an alien and what would you like to tell them about Earth? You may write up to 500
words (but the length will not be considered in the judging). Entries for this category should be submitted by Monday 3rd June to allow time for judging.
(Age group C only)
7. Make and decorate our special asteroid cakes with an adult! Recipe and instructions are on the street fayre website. Choose your best 5 to display.
Entries will be judged on appearance only. You may decorate your plate or other receptacle for added affect! (Age group D only)